The old adage that “You can’t judge a book by it’s cover” certainly is true. Unfortunately, with so many books available to read, browsing the cover is a tried-and-true means to whittle down the choices (of course, reviews by trusted sources are important too).
I read a lot books published by independent authors. Far too many of these authors underestimate the value of great (or even good) cover design. This book is full of common (and not so common) sense ideas, resources, and discounts and should be required reading of any author.
I recommend this book to any independent author. It is a great resource to create a compelling book cover.
Finally, a comprehensive do-it-yourself guide to creating book cover design for indie and self-published authors. You, too, can create excellent book covers and apply the same techniques that graphic designers use. If you are a self-publishing author and are starting out on a very low budget, a homemade, DIY book cover is a practical solution. Unless you make an appalling one, it won’t hurt your sales. And after reading this book, it shouldn’t be the case, because you will know exactly how to create a book cover design that attracts readers.
Actually, the same principles apply to designing other visuals, too. Not only book covers. Therefore, you will be able to improve your designer skills in general.
Read this book and learn:
- a simple system for creating a book cover design that you will be proud of
- 6 easy-to-use book cover design concepts that work for every genre
- 6 book cover design secrets every designer use to create book covers that pop-out
- where to get hundreds of free typefaces for every genre and how to pair them
- what formatting to use not to look amateurish
- simple rules for figuring out the best colors for your book cover
- where to find thousands of good quality free or low-cost royalty free images and how to understand their copyright terms
- how to make sure that nobody else is using your covert art
- a simple method for overcoming your creative block
- 5 easy techniques to test if your book cover works for your target audience
- how to choose the right book cover size and image resolution
- what free software or apps to use for creating your book cover design
- and many other practical tricks and tips.
It doesn’t matter if you are not familiar with basic graphic design principles, color theory, typeface pairing, composition and other principles, because I’m going to give you guidelines and show practical examples and techniques how to apply them in practice. Moreover, you can return to this book at any time that is convenient to you and read it in any order that suits your needs best.
You have spent a lot of time on writing your book. Don’t let all this hard work go down the drain by using a poorly designed book cover, because it can be one of the most powerful tools for selling your book. Buy this book and learn how to create professionally looking book cover that sell and you will be proud of.